Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cuticles and skin around nails....?

what is the best way to fix damaged skin around your nail, and the cuticals?! my nails are sooo bad......





preferably an at home remedy =/??Cuticles and skin around nails....?
I feel your pain! I also bit my nails and cuticles as a nervous habit. =(





But 2 things that helped me out greatly... Neosporan to patch the broken skin, and olive oil to soften the skin.








Brittle nails?





';So, if you are like me, you somtimes have dry hair and/or brittle nails. If I am looking for a home treatment for dry hair, I microwave some olive oil and apply it to my hair and let it sit for a bit. This is what I call my Home Hot Oil Treatment:





1/8 cup olive oil


a few sprigs of lavender


shampoo


shower cap


towel


I put the olive oil in a pan on medium heat. It takes about 2 minutes to get hot. Then I add the lavender. I let it sizzle in the pan for about 3-5 minutes. Then I take out the lavender and let the oil cool a bit before I apply it to my hair. I usually let it cool for 5 minutes.Before I apply it to my hair I wash my hair thoroughly. Then I apply the oil to my hair (I try to put a little extra on my ends) and put on a shower cap to let the oil condition my hair. You can do it my mother鈥檚 way, and wrap a towel around your head over the shower cap. That makes it get REALLY hot up there! The oil is supposed to be good for dry hair and dandruff. I like the lavender because it smells really nice. Also, it supposedly calms the nervous system and helps you relax.





So, I actually do not have brittle nails. From what I hear there is some evidence that vitamin B may help with brittle nails. Since, I take vitamin B every morning that could be the reason I do not have this problem. According to the NIH (National Institutes of Health), low levels of zinc and iron can contribute to this problem. So, a nice multi vitamin or vitamin supplements may help. Then, of course, there is the old school method of strengthening nails鈥ating more gelatin ';


- http://backtobasics-talia.com/?p=102

No comments:

Post a Comment