Thursday, January 21, 2010

I have a bad habit of bitting my nails and cuticles how can I stop?

1.Try the nasty tasting liquid you paint on them by Sally Hansen.


2. Keep them painted with clear polish.


3. Get regular manicures.


4. Keep fragrant lotion on your hands.


5. Slap yourself in the head.I have a bad habit of bitting my nails and cuticles how can I stop?
I personally rather enjoy seeing people do #5.

Report Abuse


I have a bad habit of bitting my nails and cuticles how can I stop?
go to your local chemist or drug store and ask them i bought a liquid for my daughter u put it on ur nails only a little bit and it taste foul so u stop biting it works try it
I bite my nails too. So sometimes I get acrylic nails so I can't bite them. And my real nails grow underneath the fake ones. So when I take the acrylic ones off, my real nails are pretty long.
If you can visualize the thousands of germs imbedded under your nails that are crawling around, that will undoubtedly be in your mouth after you bite them, you may stop.





If that visual doesn't work, try some hot pepper spray.
wear gloves


I've been trying to stop for 20 years


I'll stop for a while my nails get long, then one day I chew them off.
There is a nail polish that you can use that tastes awful when you bite your nails. I don't remember the name, bitter something. Ask the makeup area at Wal Mart.
Get in a routine of regularly scheduled manicures. Let someone else take care of your hands. I used to be a biter and found that I could quit if I gave up my nails to someone else. I get them done every Saturday, a no frills manicure without polish. They look good and you'd never know I used to bite them down to nothing. I can use cuticle nippers to cut the occasional hang nail, and the urge to bite is GONE.





Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment