Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why am I getting white crescents near the cuticles of my nails?

I am usually anemic, and I just had a bone density test %26amp; the results were not good.. So, I've been taking my vitamins (mostly) every night after dinner. I used to get these white crescents when I was little. But, I haven't seen them for maybe 10 years.


I've been having a mild Ucolitis flareup for a couple of months or more... could that be the reason?Why am I getting white crescents near the cuticles of my nails?
You describe a condition called Leukonychia ('white nails';). This is seen in many diseases.


You are probably right - flare of colitis or associated mineral deficiency is likely the cause.Why am I getting white crescents near the cuticles of my nails?
I'm actually hearing that it is a good sign that my lunula are showing. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment