Thursday, January 21, 2010

How can I stop biting my nails & cuticles??

Here is what I've tried so far (with no success):





Rubber band around my wrist (snap it every time i chew)





Tabasco on my nails %26amp; cuticles (so my mouth will burn each time I chew)





Fake nails (I still bit my cuticles, %26amp; the nails just were too intrusive so I didn't have them on long)





I'm really trying to grow my nails out so they'll look nice for the holidays. Right now they're REALLY short, almost as far down as they can go!





Any advice?How can I stop biting my nails %26amp; cuticles??
Ok im 19 and I have been biting my nails since I was like at least 4 years old and would always get in trouble but I would still do it cause I got use to it. So anyways I went to a beauty school for 2 years and I went to a competition about hair, nails and ect. and since my nails were so short and UGLY I had to put fake nails on so whenever i took them off I notice they a grew a little and well my BF mom said in order to keep them growing and from biting them she told me to by this polish the name of it is OPI its called





original nail envy it


Maximum strength formula with Hydrolyzed Protein and Calcium helps nails grow harder, longer and stronger and resist peeling, cracking and splitting.





RECOMMENDATION


Takes the most severely damaged nails from mush to muscle.





and well It works and i havent been biting my nails and now when people see my nails they ask me if there fake or my natural nails and well i feel alot better about myself now








HOPE I HELPED YOU OUT





GOOD LUCKHow can I stop biting my nails %26amp; cuticles??
Get a good manicure kit. keep it near you. Everytime you think you are going to bite, use the nail file instead. Spend the time you would use biting, taking care of your nails instead. Massage the cuticles with vasoline or lotion, so they are soft and harder to bite. Keep lotion on your hands. Everytime you catch yourself biting, put lotion on instead! It worked for me---become obsessive about taking care of your nails!
There is this special nail polish you can buy that tastes horrible when you bite your nails. It is super bitter and almost tast like battery acid lol. You could buy it at any drug store.
do what i did...dip the tips of ur fingernails in nail polish remover...when u try to bite, the taste will keep u from biting any further...

No comments:

Post a Comment