Saturday, January 23, 2010

How to ultimatly stop biting my nails and cuticles!?

I've been biting my nails and cuticles since I could rememer. I've learned it from my father who til this day still bites until he bleeds. I'm about 13 and I've been biting my nails since I was bout 3. I do it when I'm watching TV when I'm nervous or bored and just thinking. I catch myself doing it mostly when I'm watching tv or talking/listening to someone talk. I don't mean to do it but I do then I notice how bad my nail looks then try to fix it by biting but in the end make it worse :( I've tried painting them using lotion using the polish solutions everything! But I've never completely stopped. I've also become very attached to my gum chewing habit and recently stopped. I can't figure out why I bit and how to stop! Is there anything that really did it for you? By the way I'm a girl.


Thanks so much--I'm just having a really hard time figuring out why I bit and how to stop!How to ultimatly stop biting my nails and cuticles!?
heey the best way i found





is well since im a boy i put a little nail clipper on my key chain





but i guess u should stick one in your purse





worked for me





hope it works for youHow to ultimatly stop biting my nails and cuticles!?
You can use the spray stuff. I don't know what it's called but they use if for babies so they'll stop sucking there thumbs. It dosn't taste very good but it works.
Bite them off once and for all?


No, seriously, there is some nasty-tasting stuff you can paint them with. Or make them really pretty and then you won't want to bite them.
My grand dad used to say that painting on a mixture of water and chicken manure was a sure fix. :-)


But if you would like a more sanitary solution, try doing what my oldest daughter did. She began setting aside some of her money to regularly go to a nail shop to have her nails done. She wasn't interested in chewing fake nails that look pretty, so it wasn't long until she had broken the habit.
how about you put some sour lemon jucie on your nail s and if that doesnt work you can put some acryicale its the thing that make the white tip at the nail salon so when you lick it you will have this nasty taste in your mouth
If your parents would let you I might suggest getting acrylic tips put on. You can't bite them at all and your nails always look pretty, but you might be just a little bit young. I bite my nails too so I know how you feel :O(
I used to bite my nails and cuticles. I don't (usually) any more. Put hand cream and cuticle cream on regularly, if there are no little pieces of skin hanging off, there is nothing to bite. Always carry a nail file and use it regularly. You can even smooth the little hangy-off pieces of cuticle with a nail file if you have to. Keep your nails kind of short. Putting on white cotton gloves when you are watching TV will keep you from biting without thinking about it. The hardest part is just catching yourself doing it or before you do it and making yourself stop. When you catch yourself biting your nails, get up and put on some hand cream, make yourself stop biting. It will get easier after a while. I started biting my nails when I was about 6 or 7. I finally quit in my late 30s. You just have to break old habits and form new ones.





Good luck with it.
dip your fingertips in nail remover.


*hope this helps!!*%26lt;3
Well, all I can say is if you notice that you do it just try quiting little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment