Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm 17 and still bite my nails/cuticles sometimes. I despise the habit but can't break it. Any suggestions?

It looks bad, and often hurts because of the way I bite them. I also play baseball and it's a hassle to put on batting gloves when your fingers are a mess.I'm 17 and still bite my nails/cuticles sometimes. I despise the habit but can't break it. Any suggestions?
Put nail polish remover on your fingernails. It tastes awful. That's how I broke it. =D





ga' luck.











http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=2鈥?/a>








Help!!I'm 17 and still bite my nails/cuticles sometimes. I despise the habit but can't break it. Any suggestions?
umm i would say first of all use something called (green tea) it helps your nails stay strong and heathy it comes in a clear bottle or if you dont wanna go to the store and dish out cash try useing clear fingernail polish. then paint your nails the color of your choice or get them done perfesionally however you choose. buy yourself something nice and convince yourself you cant have it unless youve gone a week without biteing(nails dont take to long to grow you just have to make sure you dont bite they'll grow faster). it only takes (i think) about thirty days to brake a habit so keep count. some people may say use fake nails to stop your self from biteing. that ONLY stops you from biting it doesnt help your nails. they'll brake off and look unhealthy from the glue. and when your finger nail polish chips off take it off eimmediatelyits not heathy for your nails nor is it appealing to keep it on for so long.


i hope i helped. ~_^
You could try keeping bandaids wrapped around your fingertips until the urge to bite your nails weakens. It would take some time, and people will no doubt tease you a bit, but it requires no doctor's visit or prescription, it's inexpensive, simple, and it might work.
the way i broke it was putting fingernail polish on them because the polish tasted so bad


but if you're a guy, it might be a little embarrassing... =/





sorry if this doesn't help
Putting bandaids over all of your fingers an then keep a pack of hard candy with you all day
At CVS they have special stuff to put on your nails that tastes terrible and will break you nail biting habit. Or you can try painting them, when my nails are painted I dont bite them..
try wearing lotion so the cuticles wont dry out?
Well, you can get a girl to put nail polish on them, then you would be too embarassed to pull your hands out in public and bite them and there you go. Habit gone.
Nail polish helps me a little bit, but mostly I had to just will myself not too...also if I keep gum in my purse and chew it like during class when I'm just sitting there it helps. Now that I'm much busier I don't bite them, but the bitter winter cold makes them brittle and now they break anyway!!





Oh, and that nasty tasting nail polish didn't really help me, I just bit them anyway and suffered the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment