Thursday, January 21, 2010

Anyone used to chew nails and tear up cuticles but quit? Do you have tips on how to stop

I went through the same thing. I actually quit about 4 months ago. What I did, was, I got nail clippers and carried them around with me. Then I consciously told myself not to do that. Every time I would catch myself biting or picking I would stop. Then, if there was a hangnail, I would clip it off. I would also clip my nails if there was a piece that was tempting me to pick or bite it. After a while, it became easier and easier to just not do it. It became my new habit not to. I haven't done it ever since. It's a very tough habit to break and it took me multiple tries before I finally found a way to get it to work. Hope this helps!Anyone used to chew nails and tear up cuticles but quit? Do you have tips on how to stop
know that you make it easier to be infected with warts by messing with your fingers like that. tearing up cuticles and hangnails. you don't want warts on your fingers, do you? and if you get warts on your fingers and you bite the nails it could be transferred to your face O_o





ETA


yes i know warts are caused by viruses but messing with your fingers and damaging the protective layer gives warts an easier entranceAnyone used to chew nails and tear up cuticles but quit? Do you have tips on how to stop
I haven't but I know that there is this stuff that you can buy to put on your nails so that when you go to chew them, they taste nasty! So that should help you stop :)
I used to chew on my nails, but I can't since I got braces. You could use finger nail polish remover on your fingers and just spread it on. since it tastes really bad you won't chew nails and cuticles.
What I did was every time I bit my nail I would pinch or slap myself really hard. you could also cut them or file them as soon as they start growing so you can't cut them.
I dont do that but i hear if you put fingernail polish on you will most likely stop. If you dont like to paint your fingernails just use a clear coat. Hope that helps :)



paint your nails with clear nailpolish.
try using a nail file instead of biting


warts are caused by viruses
paint your nails with pepper spray, cayenne pepper.
i have noo idea but i need help on the whole biting your nails deall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment