Thursday, January 21, 2010

My son chews his nails & picks at his cuticles. Does anyone know how to get him to stop?

I did the same thing until I was 25. My father did it until he was 50, and my grandmother still does it. It's some kind of nervous habit that I was once told must come from deeply rooted issue.


I was ashamed of the way that my hands looked so I tried many things to quit - polish, nasty tasting polish, acrylic tips, tape - nothing helped me.


The thing that weighs most on my mind, that I think may have helped was this guy I knew and loved grabbed me by the hands and said ';you are so beautiful, it's a shame about these hands';. I thought about a lot, I still think about that -


Maybe if you have a good looking, respectable, older female in his life grab a hold of his hands and say something similar?


How old is your son?My son chews his nails %26amp; picks at his cuticles. Does anyone know how to get him to stop?
Maybe for the cuticle thing putting lotion ont hem regularly will help make them less prone to be dry and ready to mess with. The nail polish designed for it may work for the nails!My son chews his nails %26amp; picks at his cuticles. Does anyone know how to get him to stop?
there is a nail polish you can buy that is designed for this. It is very bitter. But it won't stop him picking
tabasco sauce
Put bandaids on it.
  • alpha ahava
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment