Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is biting the cuticles and the skin around your nails weird?

Is that a physiological problem? when the skin around my nails have a yellow scar, i pick it with my teeth because i want to get rid of it. i cannot stand it when after i bite my skin, it goes upward...so i have to pick it til it goes flat or it'll drive me crazy. I'm in 10th grade and I have been doing this for 5 years.Is biting the cuticles and the skin around your nails weird?
It's not a phyisiological problem, it's a habit.


You should try to get out of it though, it can't be any good for your fingers.Is biting the cuticles and the skin around your nails weird?
I used to be the same way-I would either bite or pick at it with my nails,and sevreral family members do it as well. I would to do it more when I got nervous or anxious about something. I broke the habit,and now I make sure to moisturize my cuticles everyday so there are no rough areas to dig at. Vaseline Healthy Hand and Nails lotion does a great job of not only softening the cuticles,but it makes your nails stronger.
It is bad for your fingers and you health in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment