Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What's the best way to keep your cuticles and the skin around your nails from cracking and bleeding?

I put lotion on my fingers and take multivitamins but the cuticles keep cracking and bleeding and getting infected. Yes, I do bite my nails, but I don't think that's the whole problem. I live in a mild climate. So what can I do?What's the best way to keep your cuticles and the skin around your nails from cracking and bleeding?
This may sound gross, but if you use Vaseline, that should do the trick. I once had very cracked skin because of my job, and it was very painful. Vaseline really took care of it.What's the best way to keep your cuticles and the skin around your nails from cracking and bleeding?
Trim your cuticles! It's very easy to do, pick up a good nail kit and use the trimmer in it. Also, buy some cuticle oil, not lotion, but OIL. Rub it into the cuticle every night. Also, you might actually have a contact allergy. Wash your hands frequently with a hypoallergenic soap and pat dry gently.
try chapstick. my hands get so dry the crack and bleed (washing too much). went to all kinds of docs, but no meds worked for me. one doc told me about it , so i tried it and it actually WORKED. thanks doc
Use a thicker moisterizer like shea butter, vitamin E. Maybe its your hand soap. Try a thicker formula.
Avon MiraCuticle fixed mine right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment