Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I have very dark cuticles.due to nail biting.before nail biting my hands were beautiful.but now they are ugly.

I started nail biting at 17.


now I am 19....


pls help me out.I have very dark cuticles.due to nail biting.before nail biting my hands were beautiful.but now they are ugly.
Stop biting them.I have very dark cuticles.due to nail biting.before nail biting my hands were beautiful.but now they are ugly.
It's not just biting them. It's cracking them as well. Stop both of those behaviors, it'll go away.

Report Abuse



You've got to stop first. Then make sure you moisturize regularly. They will go back to normal on their own. My knuckles became very dark when I moved into my house because of all the work I was doing but after we completed the hard stuff I took care of my hands and everything was okay.
We often recommend having artificial nails put on, and make sure they are thicker so that you have a harder time biting them. And make an effort, really try to notice when it happens, and stop.


It has an actual medical name-onychophagy (on-ee-ko-fa-gee)


Sometimes it can caused by Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, maybe your doctor can help.


As your nails heal, they should return to normal, but it will take sometime, you have to have patience.
put tape on your fingures for a long time that habit will be gon before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment