Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is biting the cuticles and the skin around your nails weird?

Is that a physiological problem? I only do that when I'm bored and doesn't happen during the summer. I'm in 8th grade and I have been doing this for 5 years. My right thumb is the worst right now, but gotten a lot better than 2-3 years ago. It's just few fingers.Is biting the cuticles and the skin around your nails weird?
My dad had a cure for that....


I know it seems harsh, but after the first time eating my hand because he hit it right into my mouth- I don't ever bite my fingernails/cuticles. Same thing went for elbows on the table or not holding your fork right. It isn't a physiological problem- it is a psychological problem (but no it really isn't a ';problem';). It is a nasty habit that will be hard to break. :)Is biting the cuticles and the skin around your nails weird?
It's not weird, As a long practicing full blown nail biter I feel it's more psychological, I to bite my nails, and cuticles when I'm bored. Also when I'm stressed.I warn you as a young adult to stop this while you can it can effect relationships, job opportunities, and allot of first impressions.


I know it's a hard habit to break, just don't let it control you. Recognize if you do it under stress, for me more stress equals less nails the older you get the tougher it becomes to stop, and the worse your nail may look. Good luck to you.
  • alpha ahava
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment