Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I have a habit of biting my nails, cuticles, and the skin around it, what can I do to stop that?

Stop!I have a habit of biting my nails, cuticles, and the skin around it, what can I do to stop that?
Stop washing them for a while.I have a habit of biting my nails, cuticles, and the skin around it, what can I do to stop that?
You could try chewing gum; this will help take your attention away from your old habits. Also, this sounds silly but you could also try wrapping all your fingertips with bandaids. Surely, you won't bite on them then. Then, you could remove the band-aids when you've mastered you habits!
i had a friend with the same problem, he started chewing bar straws,the little red ones.try that it worked for him
try putting nail polish remover on them, it tastes NASTY %26amp; you won't want that in your mouth. works like a charm
Get hypnotized, I've seen it done before. They took 12 people out of the audience that had that problem and at least for that night it cured them all.
LOL.


You should get some jalapeċ¸½os and cover your hands, including fingers, nails everything. That should help you.
Oh, please dear.....u should stop that habit.....


Why don't you try to chewing the gum or try to eat sweets or chocolates, try to make yourself happy and you will forget to biting your nails again. Trust me...;)
they make clear nail polish or creams that taste bad and so when you bite you get a nasty taste in your mouth and you eventually stop...





or you could find out what makes you bite your nails (stress or nervousness or something) and try to decrease that...
Well its all in the mind. Try focusing on something else when the urge arrives. Always think of something that if someone caught you doing it you will be embarrass.
Trim them everyday. You can't bite anything if its not there
I used to bite my nails aswell until I took Introductory Microbiology and realized that there are 1000's of bacteria in ever piece of nail we bite off.


Under our nails, we also have small pieces of fecal matter aswell, so if you tell this to yourself eachtime you are tempted to bite your nails..... you'd be quitting this habit in an instant.
I know that you are not a child, but at the daycare where I work at when a child is constantly trying to bite hang nails or chew on their nails, finger and such I would dip thumb/fingers in lemon juice or vinegar or anything that is safe and tastes bad. The taste of their hands would cause them to stop. It has been successful as the child I treated has not done it since
Well thats hard. Try rubbing stuff that you hate on it. It Might work ~_^

No comments:

Post a Comment