Sunday, January 17, 2010

I have dry cuticles and my nail dont grow, I've tried getting manicures, lotions.....?

My cuticle are so dry they crack and bleed, plus i pick at them, not bite but i'm a bad picker. To the point where they bleed, i cant help it. I wear gloves at nite with lots of vaseline. That helps but once i stop i'm back with dry nails. Help..........I have dry cuticles and my nail dont grow, I've tried getting manicures, lotions.....?
I have the same problem, Im an Esthetician (skin care therapist) and my hands are in chemical peels and exfoliants all day so it drys alot. I wish i could give us both the answer, but i can tell you some things that help me. I do my own manicures, but without soaking in water. I use a chemical cuticle eleminator by a company called ';be natural'; and then u push the cuticals back (if they are cut open it may burn a lil) then i trim the dead skin thats hanging off with trimmers. the I use a medium grit file and i file off the dead skin. and apply rose oil (the one i have is aveda they also make tea tree whic is even better for healing i just have alot of rose left over). this keeps them smoothe and soft for about a week or 2 and keeps me from pickin the hangies..... I have learned that much like your hair the more you stimulate the cuticle the faster the growth. I try to file them as much as i can maybe once a week and now they grow like weeds! it took a while but they are hard (used to be thin and break) and strong. Again i dont know a real FIX but i do know this helps. I hope it helps you! good luck!I have dry cuticles and my nail dont grow, I've tried getting manicures, lotions.....?
dont get manicures that probably the probablem they ruin ur nails!and vasilene should help but u should always keep puttin lotion on so just do the same u do just dont pick if u dont they will get better and if u want ur nails 2 grow put clear nail polish on it makes them grow faster

No comments:

Post a Comment