chances are the tool you pushed your cuticles back with was not as clean as it should have been and now your cuticles are infected. Or one of your nails had an infection but by using the same tool you spread it to the other nails. Either way the fix is fairly easy.
1. pour some peroxide into a bowl and soak your finger nails for 10 minutes.
2.wash and dry your hands well.
3. put a small dab of neosporin on each cuticle and cover with a bandade.
4. repeat steps 2 and 3 everyday until your fingers are healed
5. avoid nail polish and removers for a week or so since the skin will still be tender
6. do not mess will the cuticles they protect your nailbed roots from infection when your hands get dirty.