Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I need to know the best at home treatment for an infected nail cuticle.?

My 7 year old son started complaining with his index finger hurting on Thursday. I checked it at it looked fine. Since then it has gotten a lot worse. It is swollen all the way up his finger and it has pus around about 2/3 of his nail cuticle. It drained some during a football game he was playing yesterday. We have soaked it several times a day and it still looks horrible. We have used hot water and salt to soak it in. This morning I read this morning to use equal parts water and vinegar and then apply Bactroban and bandage it. My question is what can I substitute Bactroban for till we can go to the doctor on Tuesday. I am worried that it is staph but I hate going to Emergency Rooms because of all the germs. My saying is if you're not sick when you go, you will be after you go. I'm a concerned mom needing advice. This infection has advanced really fast. I know to check for blood poisoning by red lines going toward the heart. Any doctors out there to help? Go to Emergency Room or how to treat it at home? Help?I need to know the best at home treatment for an infected nail cuticle.?
that sounds like staph





you can try epsom salt soaksI need to know the best at home treatment for an infected nail cuticle.?
Well I'm not sure if you should go to the emergency, but have your pediatrician check it out. Also, a good pain relief remedy is-


Lemon juice, oatmeal, honey, and egg. A teaspoon of each mixed together. Leave it on overnight, it should reduce the pain and redness.





I hope he feels better!

No comments:

Post a Comment