Sunday, January 17, 2010

I slammed my pinky nail in a car door and ripped tjust the cuticle? Will it grow back together?

I slammed the tip of my pinky nail in the car door. Instead of releasing it by opening the door, i pulled it out and the nail ripped just above the cuticle. It bleed like crazy and i covered it with a big cotton wrap. When i got to the hospital, they cleaned off my nail and there was still a little bit of cotton trapped under the nail that was too painful to remove. There is also a bit of dried dark blood trapped between the rip. The doctor gave me meds and put ointment on it and wrapped it with gauze. He told me that the nail would grow back together, but i'm starting to think it's gonna grow a new nail and push the old one and out of the way. I clean, treat, bandaid it everyday and i have to wear a finger splint because i also broke the tip of my finger bone (1st break ever).I slammed my pinky nail in a car door and ripped tjust the cuticle? Will it grow back together?
I wouldn't think it would grow back together...grow out probably until the split part is the tip of your fingernail and you can trim is off. I guess it is possible, but I have never seen a nail ';heal'; itself by growing back together..it just grows new.





As for the response above me...wow people really don't read the whole question do they? The asker specifically stated that they have already seen a doctor.I slammed my pinky nail in a car door and ripped tjust the cuticle? Will it grow back together?
It will grow back, no worries! :]


It happened to me with a door, and another time with the crack in between the car door.


But, it would be smart to see a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment