You could approach it a number of ways depending on you and his reaction.
1. Since Winter is coming on, get him a nice pair of gloves and tell him to wear them.
2. Give him an appt to see a hypnotist who might be able to subliminally reroute his tension.
3. Buy him some J%26amp;J First Aid Cream (Ebay). It has a local aenesthetic in it and it helps heal with beeswax.
4. Slap him every time you see him doing it.
5. Tell him he needs to either stop or get help. Share that he may be willing to compromise his health in this way, but you have to take control of your health, and you are not so willing to do the same. (Get a new boyfriend.) If he leaves and it cures him, you will both be better off. If he leaves and it cures him, you will STILL both be better off.
6. Don't call it a OCD if it isn't. It may just be a terrible nervous habit. But insist that he find out which it is and get help.Boyfriend has a TERRIBLE nail and cuticle biting problem?
To talk directly is the best way to stop problems or with silence when He is at it, but silence could worsen things as He could do the same to you when you do something disgusting in front of him as chewing gum.
If you don't talk, you don't recieve nothing in exchange. '; Who asks, recieves';.
buy some stuff that you can put on the nails, it tastes like sh!t so it makes you stop biting. unless you wash it off
It's called being a guy.