Are they important? Is it better to have just less or more cuticle? Is there are way, besides manually pushing them back, to increase or decrease the size of them?
Just wondering... many thanks.What is the purpose, if any, of nail cuticles?
* the cuticle is present to protect the delicate cells of the nail plate.
* they protect the nail as it grows, preventing dirt, infection and other nasties from harming the nail bed.
* cuticles need to be treated gently so that damage to the nail plate does not occur. Ridges in the nails are one visible sign.
* you can make your own cuticle softener by combining a little yogurt with a teaspoon of pineapple juice.
* the practice of biting cuticles is a hereditary trait that is passed down in families. It is almost as common as nail biting.
You can use a cuticle pusher to treat your cuticles. Make sure they're not too dry.