Sunday, January 17, 2010

I pick at my cuticles so bad at times the whole nail is a lumpy mess. What is this called?

I know there is a clinical name for this and I am not the only one who does it but my GP is unhelpful. It is like a compulsion I will stop then start again. Bandages are not practical for my life I am always washing my hands and cannot spend hundreds on them. Help?I pick at my cuticles so bad at times the whole nail is a lumpy mess. What is this called?
my nails and cuticles are a messss!!!! seriously though its becouse Ive had a really bad habit of biting my nails and skin arund them (cuticles) till they bleed since I was like 5 and am now 16. are they all like sort of layered and hard and swollen and red and puffy with xtremly short nails? my doctor and others think its a compulsion like u said. I dont know if there is a name for it though. good luck!


ever find out or how to stop the bite please let me know


at :


sarahsourapple@yahoo.comI pick at my cuticles so bad at times the whole nail is a lumpy mess. What is this called?
If u want to stop picking at yr fingernails, there's a cheap solution for u. get the 4 Way nail buffer at those personal stores like watson's. then start to follow the steps


Step1: File nail


Step2: Remove ridges


Step3: Buff %26amp; smooth


Step4: Polish %26amp; shine


iv recently bought it just like 2 mths ago %26amp; have stopped pickin' on my nails since! glad my cuticles have grown back %26amp; they look so much cleaner now that iv kicked the nail habit : )
it's called OCD. get some help and a prescription to control the nervous anxiety. you do know that you can mess up your nail beds by doing this right? and get a fungal infection that is no picnic to treat or fix...

No comments:

Post a Comment